Whether you are buying or selling real estate the focus tends to be on presentation. It is no different with plumbing and heating. You don’t have to be an expert to note a few key indicators of quality. We have 5 Tips for selling your home.
For you owners out there, looking to sell, here are 5 tips you can do to improve the overall presentation of your home plumbing and heating.
- Get an annual furnace or boiler service – Buyers will want to know that you have been maintaining your gas heating appliances annually as required. At the same time you can have your water heater serviced and take care of number 5 on the buyers list. Now is the best time to take advantage of the Fortis BC TLC cash card promotion. Check our website https://randbplumbing.ca/grants-incentives-and-rebates/
- Fix dripping taps – better quality faucets may only need a cartridge replacement. This is low cost repair for a very visible problem.
- Clean the floor from previous leaks that have been fixed. No need to make buyers nervous.
- Ask your plumbing & heating company for their records for your home so they are on hand. R&B maintains computer records of all work done at each address. Buyers will appreciate that you have proper records.
- Make sure the area around the mechanical equipment is free from boxes and equipment stacked up. Many times mechanical rooms double as a storage room, which is never OK as long as there is some physical separation.
And remember; if you can’t fix it don’t hide it. Home inspectors are a thorough bunch. Better to acknowledge the issue and be ready with a quote for the repair. Contact R&B Plumbing & Heating 604-980-1369, for a free estimate. We have been servicing the North Shore since 1972.
Blog 2 of 3.